2019 Events and Programs
Paws to De-Stress 2019
The Center for Provider Wellbeing helps our extraordinary people connect with stress-reducing furry friends. Come spend some time with pet therapy dogs from Paws for People.
- Thursday, 6/13/19, 2:30–4:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, Conference Room 1100
- Tuesday, 7/9/19, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Wilmington Hospital, Gateway Conf. Center
- Thursday, 9/5/19, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Wilmington Hospital, Gateway Conf. Center
- Thursday, 9/12/19, 2:30–4:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, Conference Room 1100
- Tuesday, 12/3/19, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Wilmington Hospital, Gateway Conf. Center
- Thursday, 12/5/19, 2:30–4:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, Conference Room 1100
To register: Text CPW MIND to 56512. Attend in person or via Webex. You will receive calendar invites for all sessions; accept each session you plan to attend.
- Tuesday, May 7, 2-2:30 p.m.; “Becoming friends with your mind: lessons learned from mindfulness practices” with Andrew Staffaroni, M.D.; Christiana Hospital, John H. Ammon Medical Education Center, Rooms 8 and 9.
- Friday, May 17, 12-12:30 p.m.; “Rainbow mindful movement: chakra balancing” with Maryann Quinn Hendrix; Wilmington Hospital, 1N86 Trustees Room.
- Tuesday, May 21, 9:30-10 a.m.; “Releasing your inner warmth through Tai Chi” with Lizzy Helm; Corporate Finance Center, Room 1611.
- Thursday, May 30, 12-12:30 p.m.; “Mindfulness for people who are extremely skeptical about Mindfulness” with Marc Laufgraben, M.D.; Christiana Hospital, John H. Ammon Medical Education Center, Room 2E59D.
- Wednesday, June 5, 10-10:30 a.m.; “Mindfulness: Setting an Intention” with Joann Rufft; Christiana Hospital, Cafeteria Room 1303.
- Wednesday, June 12, 9-9:30 a.m.; “Peace is the present moment” with Carmelina D’arro, D.M.D.; Christiana Hospital, John H. Ammon Medical Education Center, Room 1.
- Thursday, June 20, 2-2:30 p.m.; “Releasing tension through body awareness” with Mary Sweeney, MA, LPC; Wilmington Hospital, Brandywine Conference Center, Room 2.
- Monday, June 24, 12-12:30 p.m.; “Loving Kindness” with Dr. Mark Mason;
11 Reads Way, Room 3.
Wellness Book Club for Christiana Care Caregivers
- Wednesday, May 29, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, John H. Ammon Medical Education Center, Room 1. Featured book: Resilience by Linda Graham, MFT. Reading entire book not required. Read as much as you can. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Symposium – “Physician Suicide: What You Can Do to Save a Life”
Open to physicians, residents, fellows and advanced practice clinicians. Attendees may be eligible for up to 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits.
- Monday, 5/13/19, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, Main Auditorium
Resilient Leaders Quarterly Skills Series and Coaching – by invitation
The Resilient Leader Series is designed to provide physician leaders and nurse managers with the knowledge and skills needed to develop resiliency and restore joy and meaning in work for themselves and their teams. The series is held quarterly, and led by an external leadership consultant. To enhance and personalize this series, interested physician leaders may also work with this consultant on a 1:1 basis through Leadership Development Coaching. Sessions are 45 minutes and occur twice monthly.
**The event will be simulcast to the Trustees Room at Wilmington Hospital
Women Leaders Coaching Group – open to any woman in the Resilient Leaders Quarterly Skills Series
Held in a 6-month, closed group format for only women, this program provides space for women leaders to support each other. The 90-minute sessions allow room for skill learning, rehearsal, and development. Participants enjoy the benefits of peer accountability.
Writing as Healing 2019
Since the 1990s, collaborative research by physicians, psychologists, writers, and humanities scholars has demonstrated the effectiveness of reflective writing workshops in relieving stress, promoting physician wellbeing, and improving doctor-patient communication. Workshops are taught by a University of Delaware professor and held during MICU rotations.
- Friday, 5/31/19, 12:00-1:00 p.m., MICU 3E Conference Room, Christiana Hospital..
Ice Cream Rounds – All Residents/Fellows
Ice Cream Rounds are quarterly, supportive and reflective sessions that occur during protected lecture time. During Ice Cream Rounds, residents and fellows are encouraged to think deeply about the challenges and opportunities encountered during this capstone training experience, and to share their experiences and developing wisdom with each other.
**Residents and fellows should contact their program coordinators for dates/times and locations.