2019 Events and Programs
Paws to De-Stress 2019
The Center for Provider Wellbeing helps our extraordinary people connect with stress-reducing furry friends. Come spend some time with pet therapy dogs from Paws for People.
- Thursday, 6/13/19, 2:30–4:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, Conference Room 1100
- Tuesday, 7/9/19, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Wilmington Hospital, Gateway Conf. Center
- Thursday, 9/5/19, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Wilmington Hospital, Gateway Conf. Center
- Thursday, 9/12/19, 2:30–4:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, Conference Room 1100
- Tuesday, 12/3/19, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Wilmington Hospital, Gateway Conf. Center
- Thursday, 12/5/19, 2:30–4:30 p.m., Christiana Hospital, Conference Room 1100
Mindfulness for Caregivers
All Christiana Care caregivers are invited to participate in a weekly 10-15 minute guided mindfulness practice, followed by a brief discussion.
Mindfulness is paying attention to the present moment on purpose, without making judgments about what we notice. The practice of mindfulness has been linked to happiness, health, and psychological well-being; including a healthier response to stress, improved focus, concentration and memory, and increased vitality and energy.
Meetings are held on Tuesdays from 12 to 12:30 pm at Christiana Hospital from October 8, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
- Tuesday, 10/22/19, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 11
- Tuesday, 10/29/19, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 3
- Tuesday, 11/5/2019, Christiana Hospital, Room 5E85
- Tuesday, 11/12/2019, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 3
- Tuesday, 11/19/2019, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 11
- Tuesday, 11/26/2019, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 9
- Tuesday, 12/3/2019, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 9
- Tuesday, 12/10/2019, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 9
- Tuesday, 12/17/2019, Christiana Hospital, Ammon Room 3
- Tuesday, 12/24/2019: No meeting.
- Tuesday, 12/31/2019: No meeting.
Text ‘CPW MIND’ to 56512 to receive weekly meeting details. If you are unable to attend in person, videos will be available via ‘Mindfulness for Caregivers’ on Microsoft Teams.
Time for You: Using the Arts & Humanities to foster joy and meaning in your work.
Journaling & Beyond
Friday, November 22 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in Ammon Back Auditorium with video-conferencing to Wilmington Hospital Brandywine Conference Center Room 4.
Whether you’ve been keeping a journal for years or have never journaled in your life, this program will help you learn research-based techniques for using writing to relieve stress and improve your quality of life.
This activity has been approved for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 credit™.
To register, search ‘Time for You’ in Learning Space or text ‘CPW JOURNAL’ to 56512.
Resilient Leaders Quarterly Skills Series and Coaching – by invitation only
The Resilient Leader Series is designed to provide leaders with the knowledge and skills needed to develop resiliency and restore joy and meaning in work for themselves and their teams. The series is held quarterly, and led by an external leadership consultant.
**The event will be simulcast to the Trustees Room at Wilmington Hospital
Women Physicians Coaching Group – open to woman physicians in the Resilient Leaders Quarterly Skills Series
Held in a 6-month, closed group format for women physicians only, this program provides space to learn and support each other. The 90-minute sessions allow room for skill learning, rehearsal, and development. Participants enjoy the benefits of peer accountability as well.
Ice Cream Rounds – All Residents/Fellows
Ice Cream Rounds are quarterly, supportive and reflective sessions that occur during protected lecture time. During Ice Cream Rounds, residents and fellows are encouraged to think deeply about the challenges and opportunities encountered during this capstone training experience, and to share their experiences and developing wisdom with each other.
**Residents and fellows should contact their program coordinators for dates/times and locations.