Recommended Reading for Caregivers of Alzheimer's or Dementia Patients
The following publications are good sources of information for caregivers of people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. The medical librarians at the ChristianaCare Consumer Health Libraries can also assist you in finding helpful information about these and other topics.
- “Alzheimer’s: A Caregiver’s Guide and Sourcebook” (3rd ed., 2001) by H. Gruetzner.
- “Alzheimer’s from the Inside Out” (2007) by R. Taylor.
- “It Takes More than Love: A Practical Guide to Taking Care of an Aging Adult” (2000) by A.G. Beckerman and R.M. Tappen.
- “Navigating the Alzheimer’s Journey: A Compass for Caregiving” (2004) by C.B. Sifton.
- “The Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer’s Care” (2003) by V. Bell and D. Troxell.
- “The End-of-Life Namaste Care Program for People with Dementia” (2007) by J. Simard.
- “The Loss of Self: A Family Resource for the Care of Alzheimer’s disease and Related Disorders” (2002) by D. Cohen and C. Eisdorfer.
- “The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for Persons with Alzheimer Disease” (4th ed., 2001) by N.L. Mace and P.V. Rabins.
- “When Love Gets Tough: The Nursing Home Decision” (2006) by D.W. Manning.