Safety Is Our Priority
If you’ve delayed care, now is the time to reconnect with your doctor. With the safety and well-being of our patients, caregivers and community in mind, we are gradually reopening our services with the following changes and enhancements:
- Virtual care options are available to meet a wide variety of your health care needs in the comfort of your own home. Talk to your doctor about virtual health care options that might be appropriate for you.
- Many services are operating with limited schedules and services. Please call ahead to check availability, or use your patient portal to schedule an appointment.
- We are taking steps to support physical distancing and ensure people can stay six feet apart or more. These may include special instructions when arriving for appointments, such as waiting in the car outside until you receive a call or text message that it’s time to come in.
- We are limiting visitors at our facilities.
- Visitors to all ChristianaCare facilities must wear face masks. If you do not have your own mask, one will be provided upon entry.
- We have enhanced cleaning practices at all of our facilities to provide an extra layer of safety.
- Some non-urgent services and exams will continue to be postponed. Please call us or talk to your doctor to determine whether it is the right time for you to have a procedure or exam.
- Valet parking and shuttle services between our hospitals are suspended until further notice.