At ChristianaCare HomeHealth, we understand the challenges caregivers face every day. If you are a spouse, a family member or a friend who is providing care for a loved one, you have taken on a very special role in someone’s life, and both the difficulties and the rewards can be great.
We are here to help. As the region’s leading provider of at-home care, our nurses and other professionals can help you to better manage the role of caregiver. We can help you to provide care better, smarter and easier with the tools below.
Caregiver Education Series
Free Caregiver Lectures
This education series is held in each of Delaware’s three counties. Topics include:
- Planning for care.
- Accessing community and government resources.
- Taking care of yourself as a caregiver.
- Managing medications.
- Dealing with common caregiver challenges, including bathing, assistance with walking and safety in the home.
Tools you can use
We encourage you to download the following tools and guides to help you in your role as a caregiver.
- Guide for Home Care Patients and Caregivers. (Spanish version.)
- Show Me: A guide for caregivers to assess their loved one’s activities of daily living.
- Safety in the Home: Helpful tips to lower your risk of accidents. Print out this guide and fill it out with everyone living in the home to create a safe environment that enables independent living.
- Heart Failure Patient Self Care: A guide for assessing behaviors that lead to a healthy heart.
- Healthy Lungs: A quick and easy assessment for gauging healthy breathing. Plus, a guide for managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
|New Castle County Office
1 Reads Way, Suite 100
New Castle, DE 19720 directions
|Kent and Sussex County Office
2116 S. Dupont Highway, Suite 2
Camden, DE 19934 directions
|We’re available 24 hours a day to schedule appointments or provide assistance.|