Oral and maxillofacial diagnoses and treatments encompass the craniomaxillofacial complex – the mouth, jaws, neck, face and skull:
- Dentoalveolar surgery, including the removal of impacted teeth, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or pre-prosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of implants, dentures and other dental prostheses.
- Osseointegrated (bone-fused) dental implants and maxillofacial implants for attaching craniomaxillofacial prostheses.
- Diagnosis and treatment of cysts and tumors of the maxillofacial region and cutaneous malignancy (skin cancer).
- Congenital or acquired craniofacial malformations such as ankyloglossia, facial hemangiomas, dermoid cysts, cleft lip and palate, and cranial vault malformations such as craniosynostosis.
- Chronic facial pain disorders.
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ).
- Dentofacial deformities, such as incorrect bite/malocclusion, or facial asymmetry.
- Obstructive sleep apnea surgical treatment through maxillomandibular advancement.
- Facial trauma, including soft-tissue lacerations, jaw fractures, cheek bone fractures, nasal fractures and orbital fractures (eye socket).
- Cosmetic surgery of the head and neck, including septoplasty, cheek augmentation, chin augmentation, genioplasty/chin, injectable cosmetic treatments and botox.
- Inspire therapy for obstructive sleep apnea.
Our capabilities also include advanced training in anesthesia, ensuring quality patient care with maximum patient comfort and safety in the office or outpatient setting.
ChristianaCare Oral and Facial Surgery Center
Wilmington Hospital, Suite 2W44
501 W. 14th St., Wilmington, DE 19801 directions