Virtual Primary Care Practice
Between your career and your home life, it can be hard to make time to see your primary care provider in person. The Christiana Care Virtual Primary Care Practice offers high-quality health care to meet your needs when it’s convenient for you.
Instead of an in-person appointment in a doctor’s office, patients of the Virtual Primary Care Practice use a smartphone, tablet or personal computer to connect with one of our health care providers. You will see your provider face-to-face in a video visit (similar to FaceTime or Skype). The communication is secure and HIPAA-compliant.
Exclusively for Christiana Care Caregivers — Now Accepting New Patients!
The Christiana Care Virtual Primary Care Practice is an exclusive benefit for Christiana Care employees, their spouses and dependents 18 years+ who are enrolled in the Christiana Care Aetna Insurance plan. Enrolled participants can access services 24/7 and receive the same quality of care as an in-person office.
Benefits of the Virtual Primary Care Practice include:
- Radical convenience — access to care when you need it, from the comfort of your own home or work.
- No copay.
- Extended hours.
- Patient-centered care coordination.
The practice includes a primary care physician, nurse practitioners, a registered nurse, medical assistants, behavioral health care professionals, pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers, health educators and care coordinators. The practice offers:
- Annual wellness visits, as well as visits when you’re sick or need care.
- Follow-up care.
- Diagnostic test and lab orders and reviews.
- Reminders of your upcoming appointments or tests.
- Collaboration with your current specialists, such as your cardiologist or OB-GYN.
- Coordination of in-person visits if and when they are needed.
The Virtual Primary Care Practice is for adult patients only; it does not include pediatric visits. The practice also does not prescribe opioids or similar controlled substances.
Signing Up Is Easy!
To begin your enrollment as a new patient in the Virtual Primary Care practice, simply fill out the form below. A member of the Virtual Primary Care Practice team will reach out to you via secure text messaging within 24 hours to help you complete the process.
Please note that practice will replace your current primary care provider. Once you’re enrolled, you’ll have access to:
- Scheduling at your fingertips.
- Text messaging with your provider and clinical staff.
- Requesting refill/renewals for your prescriptions.
- Reviewing your medical records whenever you wish.
- Participating in a virtual video visit with our providers.