Virtual Primary Care
Between your career and your home life, it can be hard to make time to see your primary care provider in person. ChristianaCare Virtual Primary Care offers high-quality health care to meet your needs when it’s convenient for you.
Instead of an in-person appointment in a doctor’s office, patients of Virtual Primary Care use a smartphone, tablet or personal computer to connect with their health care providers. You will see your provider face-to-face in a video visit (similar to FaceTime or Skype). The communication is secure and HIPAA-compliant.
Exclusively for ChristianaCare Caregivers — Now Accepting New Patients!
ChristianaCare Virtual Primary Care is an exclusive benefit for ChristianaCare employees, their spouses and dependents 18 years+ who are enrolled in the ChristianaCare Aetna insurance plan. Enrolled participants can access services 24/7 and receive the same quality of care as an in-person office.
Benefits of the Virtual Primary Care Practice include:
- Radical convenience — access to care when you need it, from the comfort of your own home or work.
- No copay.
- Extended hours.
- Patient-centered care coordination.
The practice includes nurse practitioners, a registered nurse, medical assistants, behavioral health care professionals, pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers, health educators and care coordinators. The practice offers:
- Annual wellness visits, as well as visits when you’re sick or need care.
- Follow-up care.
- Diagnostic testing and lab orders.
- Collaboration with your current specialists, such as your cardiologist or OB-GYN.
- Coordination of in-person visits if and when they are needed.
- Secure text messaging with providers and staff.
A ChristianaCare patient portal account is required. If you do not already have one, we will help you sign up for one as part of the enrollment process. Once enrolled ChristianaCare Virtual Primary Care will become your primary care provider. If you currently have a PCP, we’ll help you arrange for your records to be transferred if the provider is not part of the ChristianaCare Medical Group.