Caring for a child with a serious illness or a life-threatening condition can be a challenge. Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Associating (VNA) is here to help. Our specially trained pediatric nurses and home care specialists will come to you to help manage the symptoms of your child’s illness so he or she can comfortably thrive at home.
Our pediatric nursing care specialists are available to provide the most professional in-home care to your child, from hourly assistance to round-the clock care, as well as short-term post-operative nursing care and rehabilitation therapy. You can count on us for:
- A personalized care plan specific to you and your child’s needs, and coordination with your doctor.
- Professional case management that includes coordination of care and submission of documents to insurance companies.
- Direction on how to make your home safe for your child.
- Instruction for you and your child in the safe use of medical and assistive devices.
- Pain management support.
- Therapeutic exercises to improve strength, balance and coordination.
Christiana Care VNA pediatric nurses and home care specialists are skilled in helping children, adolescents and young adults up to age 21, and supporting family members in caring for their loved ones. Many of the children we care for live with conditions and needs like these:
- Ventilator support (continuous or intermittent).
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia and other respiratory disorders.
- Muscular dystrophies.
- Seizure disorders.
- Tracheostomy or tracheomalacia.
- G-tube, G/J tube or N/G tube.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Cardiac anomalies.
Christiana Care VNA partners with patients and their families to provide skilled, coordinated, compassionate in-home care. Our tradition of caring for people across their lifespan is supported by the state’s largest health care system – Christiana Care. As Delaware’s home health care agency of choice, we are proud to serve our community by helping people get well, be healthy and live independently at home.
|Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association|
|New Castle County Office
1 Reads Way, Suite 100
New Castle, DE 19720 directions
|Kent and Sussex County Office
2116 S. Dupont Highway, Suite 2
Camden, DE 19934 directions
|Call 888-862-0001 (888-VNA-0001) for more information. We’re available 24 hours a day to schedule appointments or provide assistance.|