After Hospital Care
When you or your loved one needs help after coming home from the hospital, Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) will come to you to provide the specialized support you need to help in your recovery. Our nurses, physical therapists and other in-home health professionals, social workers and home health aides are specially qualified to help you or your loved one recover, safely at home. You can count on us for:
Coordinated, individualized care:
- A full assessment of your physical ability and care needs.
- Individualized care plan and care coordination with your doctor.
- Pain management support.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- IV therapy.
- Help with and instruction in wound care.
- Help in managing medications.
- Guidance, education and assistance in following discharge instructions.
- Instruction to safely use a walker or cane to help with mobility.
- Coordination for help with meals, transportation, applying for medical assistance, and support to stay comfortably at home.
Christiana Care VNA partners with patients and their families to provide skilled, coordinated, compassionate in-home care. Our tradition of caring for people across their lifespan is supported by the state’s largest health care system – Christiana Care. As Delaware’s home health care agency of choice, we are proud to serve our community by helping people get well, be healthy and live independently at home.
|Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association|
|New Castle County Office
1 Reads Way, Suite 100
New Castle, DE 19720 directions
|Kent and Sussex County Office
2116 S. Dupont Highway, Suite 2
Camden, DE 19934 directions
|Call 888-862-0001 (888-VNA-0001) for more information. We’re available 24 hours a day to schedule appointments or provide assistance.|