Managing the transition from hospital to home after a stroke often requires professional support including medical care, therapy and caregiver support. Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) nurses and in-home health professionals will come to your home to help you or your loved one speed recovery and restore the skills for safe, independent living. Count on Christiana Care VNA to provide:
- A full assessment of your physical ability and care coordination with your doctor.
- Direction on how to make your home safe and reduce the risk of falling.
- Instruction in how to safely use equipment to help with mobility and range of motion.
- Help in managing medications.
- Therapeutic exercises to improve strength, balance, coordination and motor skills.
- Therapy to improve swallowing and improve speech.
- Resource planning for help with meals, transportation, applying for medical assistance, and support to stay comfortably at home.
- Education about the warning signs and risk factors for stroke.
Christiana Care VNA nurses, therapists and skilled home care professionals are specially trained to help people who are recovering from stroke and these related conditions:
- Difficulty speaking.
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia).
Christiana Care VNA partners with patients and their families to provide skilled, coordinated, compassionate in-home care. Our tradition of caring for people across their lifespan is supported by the state’s largest health care system – Christiana Care. As Delaware’s home health care agency of choice, we are proud to serve our community by helping people get well, be healthy and live independently at home.
|Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association|
|New Castle County Office
1 Reads Way, Suite 100
New Castle, DE 19720 directions
|Kent and Sussex County Office
2116 S. Dupont Highway, Suite 2
Camden, DE 19934 directions
|Call 888-862-0001 (888-VNA-0001) for more information. We’re available 24 hours a day to schedule appointments or provide assistance.|