Information for Incoming Students
Students who are not assigned to ChristianaCare for a rotation must receive initial acceptance from the department they desire to rotate in 90 days prior to the start date of their rotation.
Students who are not from an affiliated school, a student training agreement will be sent to an official at your school to sign, confirm the information below, and return to ChristianaCare.
- A criminal background check, as performed by your school.
- Hepatitis B.
- Varicella if a negative history or an unknown history of chicken pox.
- TST skin test.
- Influenza in accordance with ChristianaCare timeframe.
- In its sole discretion, ChristianaCare may permit a signed declination if there is a valid reason provided.
- School maintains liability coverage on the student. A certificate of insurance must be mailed or faxed to ChristianaCare by the school before the student can begin their rotation.
- A letter of good standing must be mailed or faxed to ChristianaCare by the school before the student can begin their rotation.
All students must complete registration for their rotation no later than 60 days prior to the start date of their rotation. Failure to do so will result in the cancelation of your rotation. All registration materials will be sent to the student by the student coordinator at ChristianaCare. Registration includes the student to do the following:
- Review the Non-Employee Manual
- Complete Student Responsibility form and mail or fax to ChristianaCare.
- Complete Student Information form and mail or fax to ChristianaCare.
- Complete Child Protection Registry from and fax to Department of Services for Children, Youth, and Their Families.
- If applicable, complete Housing Application form and mail or fax to ChristianaCare.
- An Elder Abuse check will be completed by ChristianaCare.
- All addresses’ and phone numbers will be provided on the forms.
All students must abide by the rules and regulations of the department through which they are rotating at ChristianaCare Health System. Students are required to wear their medical school identification badge while on rotation at ChristianaCare Health System.
Any questions about the above requirements can be directed to UME at UME@christianacare.org