Safety is Our Priority
At ChristianaCare, everything we do is For the Love of Health™, and that focus has guided our response throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have redesigned how we deliver care to keep our patients and caregivers safe, while providing the high-quality care that our community needs and deserves. This includes greatly expanded options for virtual care and telehealth visits, as well as guidelines that support social distancing, wearing masks, a clean environment and limited numbers of patients and visitors to ensure safety.
Virtual and In-Person Visits Available at Medical Practices
- All ChristianaCare medical practices are offering phone and virtual visits.
- Office visits at ChristianaCare locations are occurring on a limited basis, prioritizing those whose situation warrants an in-person visit.
- Some disciplines have reduced the number of locations open for in-person visits: View closings
Surgical, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Services Available
Hours and services vary by location. Some sites offer limited hours, weekend appointments and evening hours. Be sure to inquire when calling on behalf of a patient.
- Imaging Services at Brandywine
Foulkstone Plaza, 1401 Foulk Road, Suite 100-C, Wilmington, DE 19803
- ChristianaCare Breast Center
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute, Suite 1400 (West Entrance)
4701 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713
- Imaging Services at Glasgow
Springside Plaza, Connor Building, 300 Biddle Ave., Suite 100, Newark, DE 19702
- Medical Arts Pavilion 1, Suite 107
Christiana Hospital campus, 4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19718
- Radiology at Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
4701 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713
The following site are open at this time:
- Lab Services at the Center for Heart & Vascular Health, Room G135
Phone: 302-733-1558 Fax: 302-733-1564
Walk-ins are no longer being accepted. All patients must check-in online at https://christianacare.org/services/labservices/
- Lab Services at Wilmington Hospital, Room 2S03A
Phone: 302-320-6801 Fax: 302-320-2364
- Lab Services at the HealthCare Center at Christiana (reopening on June 2)
200 Hygeia Drive, Newark, DE 19713
Walk-ins are no longer accepted. Patient should schedule an appointment at https://christianacare.org/services/labservices/.
The following site are reopening as noted:
- Rehabilitation Services at Glasgow
- Rehabilitation Services at Brandywine
- Rehabilitation Services at Concord Health Center
- Rehabilitation Services at Pike Creek
- Rehabilitation Services at Newark/MAP 2
- Rehabilitation Services at Middletown
For all Rehabilitation Services sites, patients can make virtual appointments by sending a message to “Rehabilitation Services Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy” on the ChristianaCare Patient Portal.
Open cardiac rehabilitation locations include:
- Glasgow Medical Center
- Eugene du Pont Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
There is one open location at this time:
The Sleep Center is offering diagnostic sleep studies at its facility in Newark as well as home studies. For patient safety, the Center has instituted a curbside pick-up and drop-off process at their location for the equipment needed for the home studies. PAP titrations are not available at this time.
With the recent change in state regulations, our operating rooms are appropriately transitioning to accommodate elective procedures. As part of that process, surgical cases are diligently prioritized daily, and those that are time-sensitive, medically necessary are given the highest priority. Patients with surgical needs should continue to be referred to the appropriate surgical specialist for evaluation. Learn more about Surgical services information.
Patients scheduled for surgical procedures will be tested prior to their surgery according to established guidelines aimed at protecting our patients and staff. Pre-Procedural Testing Guidelines.
The following office locations are CLOSED. In-person visits are not offered at this time. Patients will be offered virtual or phone visits or seen at another office location:
- Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation
- The medical practices located at the Health Care Center of Christiana, including Cardiology, Neurosciences, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Optometry.
- Endocrinology at Concord Health Center
- Sports Medicine at Wilmington Health Center
- Nutrition services at MAP 2
- Behavioral Health at MAP 1 and 2, Center for Hope and Healing, Center for Women’s Emotional Wellness, and Psychosocial Oncology.