The Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation at Christiana Care is Delaware’s first and only comprehensive outpatient office for patients with memory disorders and their families.
Our geriatricians, geriatric psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, social worker, community educator and medical and administrative assistant work closely with primary care providers and additional specialists such as neurologists and neuropsychologists to develop an optimal plan for care.
The Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation is a collaborative care program of Christiana Care’s departments of Medicine, Family & Community Medicine and Psychiatry.
“The Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation stands alone. It is the only place that was there for not only the patient, but was a constant source of support for the caregiver and family.”
– A grateful caregiver
Services provided at the Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation
- Initial history and other screening assessments are performed on-site. A full battery of assessments is available to help us understand a patient’s cognitive, functional, and behavioral status.
- We offer help with scheduling appointments and consultations with local neurologists, psychiatrists and other behavioral health specialists.
- A physician, social worker, and community educator evaluate patients and caregivers, incorporating input from other members of the treatment team as part of each visit.
- Caregiver support is provided, including caregiver training and resource referrals.
- The treatment team communicates with each patient’s primary care providers and other caregivers to ensure coordination of care.
- For interested individuals, referral to clinical trials may be an option.
Resources to learn more about local clinical trials
Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation
501 W. 14th Street
Gateway Building, 5th Floor
Wilmington, DE 19801 directions