Why choose Surgical Services at ChristianaCare?
At ChristianaCare, our surgeons and their care teams have the experience and expertise to give you the confidence you need to get through your surgery and back to your life as quickly as possible. We offer the right expertise for your surgical needs.
For safety reasons, you must get tested for COVID-19 three days before your procedure, and here are directions on how to get tested at ChristianaCare’s labs. The results will be shared with your doctor, and your doctor’s office will contact you directly.
Before your procedure, your doctor may also order other lab work or schedule an appointment for you with the Perioperative Evaluation & Treatment Service (POETS) as part of your preparation for surgery.
Be sure to sign up for the ChristianaCare Patient Portal prior to your procedure to receive test results, manage follow-up appointments and communicate with your doctor.
At ChristianaCare, we take infection prevention very seriously in our facilities and operating rooms. That’s why we have taken extra precautions to help ensure that we are minimizing risk to our patients and caregivers. Learn more about how Patient Safety Is Our Priority.
Our pre-screening and COVID-19 testing measures are designed to identify anyone who has COVID-19 or is suspected to have COVID-19 before their arrival at our hospitals or surgery centers:
- All patients are tested for COVID-19 three days prior to their procedure. After getting tested, patients must self-quarantine until their procedure. If a patient tests positive, the procedure may be rescheduled.
- All staff members and physicians are screened daily. They do not come to work if they have any symptoms related to COVID-19.
One support person can accompany you to your surgical procedure, and no other visitors are currently allowed into ChristianaCare hospitals. View our visitor policy.
Your support person will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the hospital entrance. They also must wear a mask into the hospital, and if they do not have one, we will provide one for them.
Be sure to speak with your doctor’s office to receive specific directions for your drop-off and how you’ll leave after the surgery.
- Bariatric Surgery Services.
- General Surgery Services.
- The Hernia Center at ChristianaCare.
- Kidney Transplant Program.
- Minimally Invasive And Robotic Surgery Center.
- Oral and Facial Surgery Center.
- Urology Services.
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Center.
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS).
- Perioperative Evaluation & Treatment Service (POETS).
- Surgical Pain Management.
- Upper Airway Stimulation Therapy.
Guided by our values of excellence and love, we’re board certified and accredited in surgical care and we’ll help you every step of the way on your road to surgery and recovery.