Allied Health and Undergraduate Education
Hello, and welcome to the Christiana Care Allied Health and Undergraduate Education website.
Christiana Care has clinical agreements with numerous colleges and universities throughout the country allowing students to participate in clinical experiences.
If you are interested in participating in a clinical experience in one of Christiana Care’s departments confirm with your fieldwork coordinator/clinical instructor that an agreement is in place.
If yes, next you should contact the Christiana Care department in which you would like to pursue this clinical experience. If the department can accommodate your request and is able to help you pursue your educational goals you should proceed by completing the request for information (left side of page). Once submitted you will receive an e-mail with initial requirements. About one month prior to the start date of your clinical experience you will receive a second e-mail with more items and directions for completion. Allied Health students are expected to provide evidence of a completed criminal background check and drug screen to their school.
In order to guarantee all processing is complete and you are able to begin your rotation when requested, the paperwork must be returned at least 2 weeks prior to the requested start date.
Questions should be directed to Teri Foy, Manager of Allied Health and Undergraduate Education at 733-2061 or Michele Martell, Administrative Assistant at 320-4590.
Once student has secured a CCHS sponsor the student must:
- First Rotation – Allied Health Education Requirements: the student should request the required forms via our web site or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Each student is responsible for completing and promptly returning the information forms to the Allied Health Education office as soon as possible, but no later than three weeks before the start of the rotation. Failure to return the forms as directed can result in cancellation of the rotation. Completed forms can be faxed to 302-762-3704.
- Return Rotations – Students must contact the Allied Health Education office to update their information, verify the rotation dates and receive computer access information if needed.
- Clinical Rotation Requirements – All student rotations must be approved by the responsible party at Christiana Care. The sending school will be responsible for verifying the following information as required by the clinical affiliation agreement. This information must be verified, by completing a check list and returning it no later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the rotation:
- Documentation of good standing in their program and verification of appropriate liability coverage from their educational institution.
- Evidence of immunization for Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella if an unknown history of chicken pox, TB status, Hepatitis B and such other immunizations as Christiana Care may deem necessary or advisable for its employees.
- Evidence that the following have been completed: Criminal Background Check which may include fingerprinting; Child Abuse Application and an Elder Abuse Registry Check.
- Evidence of completed drug screen.