The Health Information Management Services (HIMS) department of ChristianaCare is dedicated to supporting the health system by maintaining the integrity, security and privacy of health information.
General Mailing Address:
Health Information Management Services Department
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Rd
Newark, DE 19718
General Phone Numbers:
- Christiana Hospital 302-733-1111
- Wilmington Hospital 302-320-2212
Requesting Medical Records
Please refer to our Notice of Privacy Practices to better understand how health information might be used and to whom it might be disclosed.
Our Release of Information Representatives are available to assist you with questions you may have about obtaining copies of medical records. They can be reached at 302-320-6852, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Copies of medical records will not be released without written and signed authorization.
For patients or their legal representatives to request a copy of the patient’s own medical record, the Request for Access form should be printed, completed and sent to the Health Information Management Release of Information Department at the address below. Note: there is a reasonable, cost based fee that will be assessed for the copy of the medical record, see Fees section below. Click here for a Spanish version of this form.
For patients or their legal representative to have records sent to a third party (i.e. insurance company, attorney, doctor’s office, etc..), Authorization to Release (see Side 2 for Spanish) form should be printed, completed and sent to the Health Information Management Release of Information department at the address below. Note: no fee is charged for records sent to the patient’s doctor’s office.
Submitting Requests for Records
Completed authorizations and supporting documentation e.g., power of attorney, executor of estate can be emailed to MedicalRecordRequest@christianacare.org or mailed to the below address:
501 W. 14th Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
- If you are a patient or legal representative, your request can be faxed to Release of Information at 302-320-4692.
- If you are a healthcare provider, your requests can be faxed to 302-320-4859.
- If you are an attorney your requests can be faxed to 302-623-1431.
Patient Fee’s for Copies of Records
Below are the standard fees for producing a copy of your medical records:
- Electronic records delivered in electronic format (email/CD) $6.50/per request
- Electronic records delivered in paper $0.90 labor cost to create and deliver the portion of the record maintained electronically plus $0.05 per page for paper and toner
- Paper records delivered in paper $0.12 per page
- Postage and taxes will be applied where applicable
Subpoenas and Court Orders
ChristianaCare does not accept subpoenas at any of its business locations. Subpoenas must be mailed or delivered in person to Corporation Service Company (CSC), ChristianaCare’s registered agent, at 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808. Outside of Delaware, subpoenas should be sent to CSC in the state of the facility they are seeking to subpoena.