Visiting a Patient: Hours and Guidelines
New Visitation Guidelines
At this time, no visitors are allowed to visit any patients at ChristianaCare hospitals, and no support people are allowed to accompany a patient to a service except for the following:
- One visitor is permitted for patients in palliative care or hospice.
- One visitor or support person is permitted to support laboring and postpartum mothers.
- One support person is permitted for patients in the emergency department.
- One support person is permitted for outpatient or surgical services with prior approval.
- One visitor is permitted for NICU and pediatric patients.
All visitors will be screened for coronavirus risk before being permitted to enter. Screening will include questions related to travel, exposure, and symptoms, and will include temperature monitoring for all visitors who are negative for travel, exposure, symptoms. Any visitor who is screened with a temperature of > 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed to enter for visitation. Visitors will not be provided with a mask when entering. If a visitor chooses to bring a mask to wear this will be allowed.
To contact a patient by phone, call 302-733-1000.
Many business units at ChristianaCare are limiting or eliminating walk-in visits. Please call ahead to check availability.
To protect the public, patients and caregivers from coronavirus, ChristianaCare shuttle service is for employees only until further notice.
To protect the public, patients and caregivers from coronavirus, ChristianaCare valet service is suspended until further notice.
Please note: Ambulatory infusion services are still operational and caring for patient needs.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.