Pediatric Inpatient Unit
Our 19-bed pediatric inpatient unit at Christiana Hospital is specially designed for children and adolescents who need hospital care. The unit is fully equipped to provide acute, general pediatric care, including:
- Specialized treatment for children with breathing or heart problems who require electronic monitoring.
- Treatment for children with infections or diseases that require isolation.
- Newborns with jaundice who need phototherapy.
- Caring for children of teens recovering from surgery or trauma.
- Caring for patients with psychiatric concerns.
The unit also assists cancer patients who come to the hospital as outpatients for radiation treatments or bone-marrow transplant therapy. A specially designated post-partum section provides specialized care and support services for adolescent maternity patients.
Department of Pediatrics
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road directions