ChristianaCare HomeHealth’s Evergreen Center Adult Day Care
The Evergreen Center is now reopened with limited occupancy. Please contact us for more information.
ChristianaCare HomeHealth’s Evergreen Center provides a safe and caring home away from home environment for seniors or other individuals who may be limited in socialization opportunities due to age or illness. The Evergreen Center specializes in the care of those affected by Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias but can service any individual that requires the support of activities in which will give support and meaning to their daily life. The services at the Evergreen Center benefits both the participant and the caregiver and the health and social services provided daily at the center ensures the optimal functioning of each participant.
When you cannot be home with your loved one during the day, we offer expert care by professionally qualified staff Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in a relaxed, stimulating environment. Leisure and learning opportunities at our program include card games, educational trips, music, crafts. social lunches, and much more.
For family members who care for loved ones, The Evergreen Center provides time to recharge, maintain a career, or just accomplish the tasks of daily life with some extra support.
Our daily services include:
- Recreational therapy and therapeutic activities
- Art therapy and various craft programs
- Daily Exercise and dance movement therapy
- Music Therapy
- Discussion groups
- Nutritional services including dietary supervision, adequate hydration, lunch, and snacks
- Medication administration and medical intervention by a nurse as needed
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Care plan meeting with families
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy and social services consulting and referrals through ChristianaCare HomeHealth as needed
- Physician collaboration for care plan, including coordinating laboratory services
- Community resource information and referrals
Additional services are available on-site, including primary care at the Henrietta Johnson Clinic, consulting psychiatric services, wound care, diabetes care and a hair salon.
Daily respite just when you need it
Life is hectic, and there are days when you just can’t be there to care for your loved one– you have to work, you have a doctor’s appointment, you want to attend your grandson’s school play, or you just need some time for yourself. It’s OK and We know that although you want to be there as much as possible, sometimes there are other responsibilities that need your attention. That’s why the Evergreen Center may be the perfect solution.
To be eligible for our adult day care program, the participant:
- Must be a resident of the State of Delaware
- Must be able to benefit from the program
- Must be unable to be left alone at home
- Must live with a caregiver who either works outside the home or needs temporary relief from caregiving
- Must provide documentation of a recent medical examination (within the last 6 months) certifying that the participant is free of contagious diseases
- Must be assessed as requiring intermediate care (i.e., needing assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s) and/or assistance with prescribed medications)
Payment and Contributions
Delaware Health and Social Services (DHSS) partners with ChristianaCare HomeHealth to provide the daily services offered by the Evergreen Center. Funding is provided by the Division of Services for Aging & Adults with Physical Disabilities (DSAAPD) through either Title III-B or SSBG funds. All families and participants of the center are informed about the daily cost of providing adult day services and are provided an opportunity to make contributions/donations so that services can be expanded. Financial assistance through Medicaid, or the Veteran benefit is also an option for members who qualify through the Department of Veterans Affairs at 302-994-2511, extension 4708.