Financial Assistance Program Summary
Christiana Care Health Services serves our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We are committed to making care affordable and we offer discounts, payment options and financial assistance to people who cannot afford to pay for medical care, including Emergency Department services.
- The program applies to all medically necessary hospital inpatient, outpatient and Emergency Department services that are billed by Christiana Care, as well as all medically necessary services provided by any Christiana Care-employed doctor. This would also include dental services that would require hospitalization.
- If your household income is less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL) and you meet the corresponding household limits, then medically necessary services may be provided at no charge.
- If you are uninsured and your household income is greater than 200 percent of the FPL, you are eligible for a standard discount of 10 percent.
- We calculate the bill using the same amounts billed to people with insurance.
- You can apply for financial assistance by completing and submitting a Financial Assistance Program application or calling 302-623-7440.
- You can apply either before or after receiving medical services at Christiana Care.
- You may talk confidentially with a Patient Financial Services representative at 302-623-7440.
- Patient Financial Services is available to help you see if you qualify for the Financial Assistance Program and will help you complete the application by calling 302-623-7440.
- Our Financial Assistance Program and application are available online and within our facilities.
- You may call Patient Financial Services at 302-623-7440 to request program information and an application and to talk confidentially with a representative about your situation.
- You may obtain an application and a copy of the Financial Assistance Program by visiting Christiana Care’s Finance Center, Customer Service Department (1st floor), 200 Hygeia Drive, Newark, DE 19713.
- You may mail a request for the application and information to Christiana Care Health Services, P.O. Box 2653, Wilmington, DE 19805.
- The Financial Assistance Program, application and plain language summary are available in Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese. In addition, translation services are available by calling 302-623-7440.
- Please read our complete Financial Assistance Program or call 302-623-7440 for a printed copy.
- If you are uninsured, you may qualify for health insurance through the federal Health Insurance Marketplace. To learn more, visit Choose Health Delaware, the state’s official program for low-cost, high-quality health insurance coverage.