Financial Assistance Program Summary
ChristianaCare serves our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We are committed to making care affordable and we offer discounts, payment options and financial assistance to people who cannot afford to pay for medical care, including Emergency Department services.
- The program applies to all medically necessary hospital inpatient, outpatient and Emergency Department services that are billed by ChristianaCare, as well as all medically necessary services provided by any ChristianaCare-employed doctor. This would also include dental services that would require hospitalization. Services not eligible for support and excluded from this policy are cosmetic procedures, bariatric services and liability cases. For a list of practices whose providers participate in our Financial Assistance Program, please click here and for a list of non-participating providers with privileges at ChristianaCare , but for whom participation in our Financial Assistance Program does not exist, please click here.
- If your gross household income is less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL) and you meet the corresponding household limits, then medically necessary services may be provided at no charge.
- If you are uninsured and your gross household income is greater than 200 percent of the FPL, you are eligible for a standard discount of 15%.
- We calculate the bill using the same amounts billed to people with insurance.
- If you have any comments or questions related to the Financial Assistance Program , you may email us at email@example.com , call us at 302-623-7440 or EFax us at 302-327-7516.
- You can apply for financial assistance by completing and submitting a Financial Assistance Program application by regular mail, EFax: 302-327-7516, email to PFS-Charity or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-623-7440.
- You can apply either before or after receiving medical services at ChristianaCare.
- You may talk confidentially with a Patient Financial Services representative at 302-623-7440.
- Patient Financial Services is available to help you see if you qualify for the Financial Assistance Program and will help you complete the application by calling 302-623-7440.
- Our Financial Assistance Program and application are available online (in the link box) and within our facilities.
- You may obtain an application and a copy of the Financial Assistance Program by visiting the Corporate Finance Center, Customer Service Department (1st floor, right hand side of building), 200 Hygeia Drive, Newark, DE 19713. Directions. Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Phone calls only. We are not accepting walk-in visits at this time.
- You may mail a request for the application and information to ChristianaCare Health Services, P.O. Box 2653, Wilmington, DE 19805.
- The Financial Assistance Program, application and plain language summary are available in Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese. In addition, translation services are available by calling 302-623-7440.
- Please read our complete Financial Assistance Program or call 302-623-7440 for a printed copy.
- If you are uninsured, you may qualify for health insurance through the federal Health Insurance Marketplace. To learn more, visit Choose Health Delaware, the state’s official program for low-cost, high-quality health insurance coverage.
ChristianaCare Finance Department
Corporate Finance Center, Customer Service Department, 1st floor
(Entrance on right-hand side of the building)
200 Hygeia Drive, Newark, DE 19713 directions
Open Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Phone calls only. We are not accepting walk-in visits at this time.