Parking at Wilmington Hospital
Visitors at Wilmington Hospital may use the high-rise parking garage, 24 hours per day. The first two hours are free. The parking garage is regularly patrolled by Christiana Care constables.
Valet parking is available. Follow the traffic signs to the valet-parking area.
Parking at Christiana Hospital
Coming in June 2017 — New Patient and Visitor Garage at Christiana Hospital.
- 700-space garage with four stories of free parking opens in June 2017.
- Located at the main hospital entrance — closest location possible.
- Covered walkway to main hospital entrance.
- Well-lighted for comfort and safety — featuring LED energy efficiency.
- Flat-plate design for ease of parking — No parking on sloping ramps.
- DART bus stop for undercover passenger drop-off and pick-up.
- Façade tastefully designed to complement existing buildings on campus.
- Campus roads remain open.
Parking during Construction
- Free valet service for patients and visitors is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Visitors departing after 9 p.m. may visit the front desk for assistance when picking up their vehicles.
- Consistent and reliable courtesy shuttles transport guests from clearly marked shuttle stops at Lots B and C to the main entrance and The Center for Heart & Vascular Health (E-Tower) entrance.
- Self-park — Free patient and visitor parking will continue to be available in Lot A near the Women and Children’s building, parts of Lot B and in Lot C, in front of the hospital near the Ammon Center. Courtesy shuttles will circle Lots B and C frequently to bring you directly to the main entrance and The Center for Heart & Vascular Health (E-Tower) entrance. Look for designated, clearly marked shuttle stops.
- Handicapped parking — Drivers or passengers relying on handicapped parking are encouraged to use our free valet service at the main entrance during construction. For those who prefer to self-park, handicapped spaces are designated in Lots A and C.
- Lots remain open for patients and visitors entering Medical Arts Pavilions 1 and 2, the Christiana Surgicenter and the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute.
- June 20, 2016 — Prep work begins.
- June 27, 2016 — Lot B closes for garage construction. Free valet service and courtesy shuttle service expand.
- June 2017 — Four-story, 700-space patient and visitor parking garage opens.