We want your experience at Christiana Care to be as pleasant and comfortable as possible. If you have a question or problem that you cannot resolve by talking to your doctor or nurse, patient representatives from the Patient Relations Department are available to help you.
Patient representatives can:
- Serve as your advocate.
- Encourage communication between you and your treatment team.
- Address your concerns.
- Resolve conflict or disagreement.
- Keep you informed of your rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure that your rights as well as the rights of all patients and staff are respected.
- Access support services according to your individual needs.
- Offer advance-directive planning.
- Work to maintain your privacy and confidentiality.
The Patient Relations Department also provides:
- Ambassador services at information desks and family waiting lounges.
- Wayfinding maps.
- Community education sessions.
- Discount lodging information.
- Interpreter service, including on-site interpreters and the Language Line.
- Support visits following admission by Christiana Care volunteers.
Patient Relations offices are near the main lobbies of Christiana and Wilmington hospitals. To call Patient Relations from inside the hospital, dial 4608 at Wilmington Hospital or 1340 at Christiana Hospital. From outside, call 302-320-4608 or 302-733-1340. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.