Head and Neck Cancer
The Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute’s Head and Neck Cancer Multidisciplinary Center specializes in treating cancers of the:
- Mouth and tongue.
- Salivary glands.
- Nasal cavity.
- Parts of the throat that include the larynx (voice box) and larynx.
- Lymph nodes in the upper part of the neck.
Your multidisciplinary team
Surgery, chemotherapy and radiation are used to treat head and neck cancers. Decades of clinical experience show that combinations of these treatments are often most effective. Your team will tailor your cancer treatment for your cancer and for you.
When you visit the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute, you will meet with a team of doctors in one visit:
- Your surgeon can order diagnostic tests, perform a biopsy to see if your tumor is malignant or operate to remove cancer if necessary.
- Your medical oncologist can administer chemotherapy or immunotherapy that kills cancer cells.
- Your radiation oncologist can pinpoint places where your cancer is growing and use precisely focused X-rays to reduce or destroy it.
Depending on the location and extent of your cancer, you may also require treatment from other specialists, including a dentist (to customize and fit dental appliances), a plastic surgeon and a speech-language pathologist (speech therapist). Together, these specialists, in consultation with your primary-care doctor and with the support of your care-management team, will work with you to create the most appropriate and effective plan of treatment for your cancer.
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
4701 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713 directions