Mother and Baby Care
Mother and baby home-care visits are only available in New Castle County.
Bringing your baby home from the hospital is an exciting time, and ChristianaCare HomeHealth is here to support you, every step of the way. We specialize in helping new mothers feel comfortable caring for their babies so they get the very best start in life. Our specially trained visiting nurses will come to you to help you manage the transition of parenthood so you and your baby can thrive at home. You can count on us for:
- A complete medical assessment of you and your baby.
- Care coordination with your physician.
- Direction on how to make your home safe, how to use any equipment your newborn needs, and instruction on emergency procedures, including CPR.
- Help with managing any necessary medications.
- Breastfeeding support and guidance.
- Instruction on formula preparation, healthy eating and diet.
- Instruction, as needed, on additional health care needs including birth-control methods, vitamins, infant stimulation and infection control.
- Resource planning for help with meals, transportation, applying for WIC, and support to stay comfortably at home.
ChristianaCare HomeHealth home care nurses are skilled in helping mothers and babies with a variety of conditions, including:
- Premature or high-risk birth.
- Post-partum depression.
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension, diabetes and gestational diabetes.
- C-section site care.
- Sleep deprivation.
ChristianaCare HomeHealth partners with patients and their families to provide skilled, coordinated, compassionate in-home care. Our tradition of caring for people across their lifespan is supported by the state’s largest health care system – ChristianaCare. As Delaware’s home health care agency of choice, we are proud to serve our community by helping people get well, be healthy and live independently at home.
|New Castle County Office
1 Reads Way, Suite 100
New Castle, DE 19720 directions
|Kent and Sussex County Office
2116 S. Dupont Highway, Suite 2
Camden, DE 19934 directions
|We’re available 24 hours a day to schedule appointments or provide assistance.|