Communication keeps us connected, and practice builds confidence. ChristianaCare’s speech and language pathologists are uniquely prepared to help both children and adults overcome developmental vocal challenges or speech impairments caused by injury or disease. Our team is also skilled in helping patients regain the ability to eat, drink, chew and swallow.
Our highly skilled speech and language therapists will guide you through today’s most advanced, evidence-based therapies in state-of the-art facilities both within our hospitals, and in outpatient community locations convenient to where you live and work. Each impressively outfitted site features the latest, most proven diagnostic technology and equipment to help you rehabilitate safely and effectively. Most importantly, you’ll find partnering with our knowledgeable, compassionate and respectful speech and language therapists and our patient and family-centered approach to be highlights of your care experience.
Treatment for your diagnosis
- Speech disorders such as apraxia and dysarthria.
- Language disorders such as aphasia.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Neurological disorders.
- Swallowing disorders.
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Voice disorders such as paradoxical vocal cord dysfunction.
Specialized therapy for your needs
Our highly skilled speech and language pathologists employ state-of-the-art equipment to assess and treat voice and breathing for functional communication. Therapy may include recommendations for devices to assist you with communication, or teaching you techniques for speaking clearly. If you have swallowing difficulties, treatment may include exercises to strengthen your swallow muscles.
We offer a wide range of specialty services and treatment programs, including:
- Accent reduction therapy.
- Fiberoptic endoscopic swallowing evaluation.
- Laryngectomy/head and neck cancer rehabilitation.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation to treat swallowing disorders.
- LSVT LOUD® for Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders.
- Pediatric rehabilitation.
- Videofluoroscopic swallowing evaluation.
- Videostroboscopy — the gold standard for diagnosing voice disorders. ChristianaCare is the only hospital in Delaware that offers this advanced technology.
- Aerodynamic voice assessment.