- Bone & Joint Recover fast from injury and achieve your optimal physical performance.
- Cancer Care Nationally recognized care in one of the nation's most advanced cancer centers.
- Heart & Vascular Experience makes us a national, regional and local leader for heart care.
- Women's Health Caring for every woman with compassion and sensitivity throughout their lifetime.
- Missed 2018’s Mini Medical School? Watch it on YouTubeFor the first time in the annual program's history, Mini Medical School's lectures have been captured on video and are now available for viewing on YouTube.
- Using antibiotics wiselySince the discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have been considered a low-risk public health tool. But the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now estimates that more than 30 percent of antibiotics are inappropriately prescribed. Patients often ask for antibiotics when they will not be effective for their complaint. One result of this misuse is the emergence of drug-resistant bacteria. About 2 million people annually become infected with bacteria resistant to antibiotics. These infections can lead to increased hospital stays, life-threatening illnesses and death.
- First in the nation: gene editing curriculum for community college studentsThanks to a $1 million National Science Foundation grant, Christiana Care’s Gene Editing Institute and Delaware Technical Community College developed a unique curriculum to include gene editing into two courses in its biological sciences program at its Stanton, Delaware campus. As part of the grant, Delaware Tech will also hold a series of workshops over the next several years to teach gene editing techniques to community college faculty across the U.S. and help them develop their own curriculum.
- The right plan, the right teamFor most of his adult life, David Foraker was challenged by refractory focal epilepsy, defined as a condition that is not adequately controlled by two or more well-tolerated appropriate medications. His seizures were subtle, but they occurred often enough to impact his quality of life...
- Tuna Salad Grain BowlFresh and flavorful, this delicious grain bowl packs a nutritious punch. Farro, an ancient grain with a mildly nutty taste is an excellent source of fiber, protein and other vitamins and minerals and is low on the glycemic index. Healthy pantry staples like no-salt-added beans and low sodium tuna make this meal simple to throw […]
Events & Classes
Having a Baby
Hospitals & Facilities
- Christiana Hospital
- Wilmington Hospital
- Christiana Surgicenter
- Concord Health Center
- HealthCare Center at Christiana
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Christiana Care Medical Aid Units
- Middletown CareCenter
- Middletown Free-standing Emergency Department
- Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
- Roxana Cannon Arsht Surgicenter
- Smyrna Health & Wellness Center
- Wilmington Annex