- Bone & Joint Recover fast from injury and achieve your optimal physical performance.
- Cancer Care Nationally recognized care in one of the nation's most advanced cancer centers.
- Heart & Vascular Experience makes us a national, regional and local leader for heart care.
- Women's Health Caring for every woman with compassion and sensitivity throughout their lifetime.
- Game, set, match! A conversation with Billie Jean KingChristiana Care Health System President and CEO Janice E. Nevin, M.D., MPH, joined sports icon and social justice pioneer Billie Jean King at the John H. Ammon Medical Education Center in November for a powerful discussion about equality, inclusion and the importance of connecting with others.
- Evergreen Center supports families struggling with Alzheimer’sBecause of a family history of Alzheimer’s, Fran Heinig said she and her husband Jeff recognized his symptoms of the disease early and were able to manage them on their own for a while. Married for 34 years, the Yorklyn couple was well-established in a community of friends and supported by family nearby. Yet, as her husband’s symptoms progressed, she knew the time had come to seek help.
- Not so fast, diabetes! Wellness program helps employees change courseA little more than a year ago, Megan O’Hara, MSW, LCSW was on an unhealthy path toward type 2 diabetes. Intent on getting back on the road to wellness, she enrolled in PrevenT2 at Work, a program to help Christiana Care employees with prediabetes to improve their health and avoid full-blown diabetes.
- Community partnership provides new access to dental care for Wilmington kidsA new program launched at Christiana Care in partnership with Reeds Refuge Center and Read to Learn/Ribbons and Bows Childcare centers enables children to receive dental care at Wilmington Hospital while their parents are at work.
- A life saved, a family savedRuptured aneurysms and strokes don’t only impact individuals. They change the dynamic of an entire family, potentially for generations to come. Christina Moore was 34 in 2014, when she suddenly suffered a thunderclap headache. She and her husband Leonard had come from their home in Bel Air, Maryland, to a friend’s birthday party in Bear. “The pain and nausea were so intense, I knew it was something really bad,” she said...
- Lois Galinat honored with inaugural Carroll M. Carpenter Impact AwardLois Galinat, chair of The Friends of the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute, has received the inaugural Carroll M. Carpenter Impact Award from the Trustees of Christiana Care. The newly established Carpenter Award honors a trustee who exemplifies the leadership, service and impact exemplified by its namesake, who served as chair of Trustees from 2010 to 2016.
- Got heartburn? Protect yourself against GERDGastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, is a chronic digestive problem that occurs when stomach acid or stomach content flows back into your esophagus, the food pipe that connects your mouth and stomach. That backwash from the stomach irritates the lining of the esophagus and causes inflammation. Nov. 19 – 25 is GERD Awareness Week, which includes Thanksgiving, a time when Americans traditionally overindulge in food.
Events & Classes
Having a Baby
Hospitals & Facilities
- Christiana Hospital
- Wilmington Hospital
- Christiana Surgicenter
- Concord Health Center
- HealthCare Center at Christiana
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Christiana Care Medical Aid Units
- Middletown CareCenter
- Middletown Free-standing Emergency Department
- Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
- Roxana Cannon Arsht Surgicenter
- Smyrna Health & Wellness Center
- Wilmington Annex