- Bone & Joint Recover fast from injury and achieve your optimal physical performance.
- Cancer Care Nationally recognized care in one of the nation's most advanced cancer centers.
- Heart & Vascular Experience makes us a national, regional and local leader for heart care.
- Women's Health Caring for every woman with compassion and sensitivity throughout their lifetime.
- New opioid prescribing guidelines remove fuel for addictionBefore surgeon Emily Penman, M.D., begins a mastectomy or lumpectomy, her lightly sedated patient receives a nerve block to control pain after surgery. Its effectiveness, when combined with other anti-inflammatory medications, has lowered the need for opioids while reducing by 30 percent the proportion of patients who experience severe pain in the post-anesthesia care unit. […] The post New opioid prescribing guidelines remove fuel for addiction appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- Christiana Care announced as official health system of University of Delaware Blue HensAt the September 8 home football game, Christiana Care Health System and the University of Delaware kicked off a partnership introducing Christiana Care as the official health system of the Blue Hens. The post Christiana Care announced as official health system of University of Delaware Blue Hens appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- ‘Do No Harm’ film screening sparks powerful conversations about physician burnoutDocumentary filmmaker Robyn Symon’s film “Do No Harm” takes a hard look at the growing problem of physician burnout—job stress and fatigue that can lead to mental and physical exhaustion, and in some cases even suicide. The film highlights painful truths and poses difficult questions, especially to medical schools and health systems that, according to some in the film, are contributing to the problem. Heather Farley, M.D., FACEP, MHCDS, who directs Christiana Care Health System’s Center for Provider Wellbeing, saw the film’s creation as an opportunity to send a message to providers that their well-being is important, and to give them permission to acknowledge when they need help. The post ‘Do No Harm’ film screening sparks powerful conversations about physician burnout appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- Brightening smiles at the Sunday Breakfast MissionChristiana Care partnered with the Sunday Breakfast Mission at an annual Back-to-School Rally to provide free dental screenings to children, Aug. 18 in Wilmington. Kids at the rally received school supplies, backpacks and health information to help them prepare for the new school year. They also received a free dental screening — a special treat for many of the children who rarely receive dental care. Additionally, Christiana Care Blood Pressure Ambassadors completed more than 60 free blood-pressure screenings for attendees. The post Brightening smiles at the Sunday Breakfast Mission appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- A mother’s life savedDec. 20, 2017 was the happiest day of Lindsay Ferrante’s life. After years of infertility treatments, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy at Christiana Hospital. But eight days later, her life nearly ended. She awoke at 3:30 a.m. with a knot in her throat and pains in her chest. “It’s a feeling that tells you something just isn’t right,” she said. Ferrante, a 40-year-old business support manager from Wilmington with no history of health problems, had suffered a type of heart attack called spontaneous coronary artery dissection, or SCAD. The post A mother’s life saved appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- Delaware Subaru supports healthy beginnings for babies with gift to Christiana CareChristiana Care Health System Trustee Michael Uffner and his team at Delaware Subaru delivered a generous $16,000 gift to Christiana Care with proceeds from his dealership’s “Share the Love” campaign to support the special needs of babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and their parents. The post Delaware Subaru supports healthy beginnings for babies with gift to Christiana Care appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- Meals on the go? Go healthy!Packed schedule? You're not alone. More than ever, busy families are relying on grab-and-go meals to get them through the day. Stopping by the drive-thru on a lunch break or in-between drop-offs and pick-ups from school and soccer practice can be a tempting quick food fix, but with increasing rates of heart disease, diabetes and obesity, it's not a healthy daily option. With the recipes below and a little planning, you can stock your fridge with healthy on-the-go meals that are tasty, quick to make and ready to roll when you are. The post Meals on the go? Go healthy! appeared first on Christiana Care News.
Events & Classes
Having a Baby
Hospitals & Facilities
- Christiana Hospital
- Wilmington Hospital
- Christiana Surgicenter
- Concord Health Center
- HealthCare Center at Christiana
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Christiana Care Medical Aid Units
- Middletown CareCenter
- Middletown Free-standing Emergency Department
- Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
- Roxana Cannon Arsht Surgicenter
- Smyrna Health & Wellness Center
- Wilmington Annex