- Bone & Joint Recover fast from injury and achieve your optimal physical performance.
- Cancer Care Nationally recognized care in one of the nation's most advanced cancer centers.
- Heart & Vascular Experience makes us a national, regional and local leader for heart care.
- Women's Health Caring for every woman with compassion and sensitivity throughout their lifetime.
- Christiana Care honored with 2018 Magnet Prize for innovative use of virtual reality during chemotherapyChristiana Care Health System has won the prestigious 2018 Magnet Prize from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for using virtual reality technology to improve patients’ experience during chemotherapy at Christiana Care’s Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute. The post Christiana Care honored with 2018 Magnet Prize for innovative use of virtual reality during chemotherapy appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- New unit in Wilmington Hospital provides care for both behavioral and medical healthTo improve the experience of our patients and provide optimal care, Christiana Care Health System has replaced its inpatient Behavioral Health Unit at Wilmington Hospital with a new, expanded facility that provides state-of-the-art medical and behavioral health care. The post New unit in Wilmington Hospital provides care for both behavioral and medical health appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- Partnership with Master Players brings sweet music into the hospitalLive music graced the lobby of Christiana Hospital on Oct. 30, when Christiana Care and the Master Players kicked off their inaugural concert series designed to bring joy and the healing power of music into the hospital setting. Known as Master Players @ Christiana Care, the pop-up concert series is made possible through a partnership between Christiana Care and the Master Players Concert Series from the University of Delaware. The post Partnership with Master Players brings sweet music into the hospital appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- Christiana Care and dual-language ASPIRA charter school partner to improve families’ healthTo make a positive impact on the health of families in the New Castle area, Christiana Care’s Office of Health Equity – Community Health is partnering with Las Americas ASPIRA Academy, the first dual-language charter school in Delaware. Christiana Care donated $3,500 to purchase headphones for students in need as they are introduced to online learning for the first time. Christiana Care is also extending its community health programming to the school and providing a dedicated community health worker who will serve the students and their families, many of whom live in the New Castle and Route 9 area. The post Christiana Care and dual-language ASPIRA charter school partner to improve families’ health appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- A mother’s life savedDec. 20, 2017 was the happiest day of Lindsay Ferrante’s life. After years of infertility treatments, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy at Christiana Hospital. But eight days later, her life nearly ended. She awoke at 3:30 a.m. with a knot in her throat and pains in her chest. “It’s a feeling that tells you something just isn’t right,” she said. Ferrante, a 40-year-old business support manager from Wilmington with no history of health problems, had suffered a type of heart attack called spontaneous coronary artery dissection, or SCAD. The post A mother’s life saved appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- Delaware Subaru supports healthy beginnings for babies with gift to Christiana CareChristiana Care Health System Trustee Michael Uffner and his team at Delaware Subaru delivered a generous $16,000 gift to Christiana Care with proceeds from his dealership’s “Share the Love” campaign to support the special needs of babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and their parents. The post Delaware Subaru supports healthy beginnings for babies with gift to Christiana Care appeared first on Christiana Care News.
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Breast Cancer RiskOctober should be more than a yearly reminder to get a mammogram. Breast cancer can be detected early as a result of screening. And, there are several things a woman can also do to help lower her risk of developing breast cancer. These five things every single woman should do to decrease her risk. The post 5 Ways To Reduce Your Breast Cancer Risk appeared first on Christiana Care News.
Events & Classes
Having a Baby
Hospitals & Facilities
- Christiana Hospital
- Wilmington Hospital
- Christiana Surgicenter
- Concord Health Center
- HealthCare Center at Christiana
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Christiana Care Medical Aid Units
- Middletown CareCenter
- Middletown Free-standing Emergency Department
- Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
- Roxana Cannon Arsht Surgicenter
- Smyrna Health & Wellness Center
- Wilmington Annex