- Bone & Joint Recover fast from injury and achieve your optimal physical performance.
- Cancer Care Nationally recognized care in one of the nation's most advanced cancer centers.
- Heart & Vascular Experience makes us a national, regional and local leader for heart care.
- Women's Health Caring for every woman with compassion and sensitivity throughout their lifetime.
- Risk screenings create new opportunities to prevent suicideOne suicide is too many. At Christiana Care Health System, health professionals are taking new steps to identify patients who are at risk for suicide and connect them with the support they need to protect them from self-harm. Suicide is the second-leading cause of death for Americans ages 15-34, though its rate is highest in middle-aged and older men. Nationally, the suicide rate rose by 24 percent between 1999 and 2014. Using a validated screening tool, Christiana Care is expanding its ability to reach those at risk for suicide and offer them services based on their needs.
- Christiana Care earns 5-Star rating from Hospital CompareChristiana Care Health System has earned the highest rating, five stars, in the Five-Star Quality Rating System by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' Hospital Compare website. Christiana Care is among only 337 hospitals — fewer than 11 percent of hospitals nationwide — that earned the highest-possible quality rating.
- Volunteers make annual holiday luncheon at St. Patrick’s Center a heartwarming successAt the holiday luncheon at St. Patrick’s Center, plates were piled high with ham, turkey and the trimmings, with a fresh green salad on the side. Such abundance is a rarity for people who live — often on the streets — in Wilmington’s poorest neighborhood, the lowest-income ZIP code in the state of Delaware. “I don’t always get to eat, so today I am eating a lot,” said Carolyn Lee, one of about 200 people who attended the event. Five days a week, year-round, Christiana Care social workers embedded at St. Pat’s connect people who need help with housing, transportation, financial assistance and medical and behavioral health care. And each year during the holiday season, doctors, nurses, social workers and retirees from Christiana Care volunteer to cook, serve and clean up after the annual luncheon that provides a special opportunity for fellowship and good cheer.
- Community partnership provides new access to dental care for Wilmington kidsA new program launched at Christiana Care in partnership with Reeds Refuge Center and Read to Learn/Ribbons and Bows Childcare centers enables children to receive dental care at Wilmington Hospital while their parents are at work.
- LVAD device enables heart failure patient to do so much moreBill Coughlin enjoyed the life of an active retiree, puttering in the garden, tackling renovations on his home in Pike Creek and enjoying long walks with his wife, Janice, during vacations to Assateague Island. “We would walk on the beach for miles,” he said. But a history of heart problems cast a shadow on his otherwise sunny existence. He had a heart attack, followed by triple bypass surgery.
- Lois Galinat honored with inaugural Carroll M. Carpenter Impact AwardLois Galinat, chair of The Friends of the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute, has received the inaugural Carroll M. Carpenter Impact Award from the Trustees of Christiana Care. The newly established Carpenter Award honors a trustee who exemplifies the leadership, service and impact exemplified by its namesake, who served as chair of Trustees from 2010 to 2016.
- Six tips to keep you moving during the holidaysWhile the holiday season is often a joyful time filled with friends, food and festivities, I often hear people say that joint pain and discomfort dampen their holiday spirit. Knee pain, shoulder pain and foot pain are common ailments that can pop up when we increase or change our activities as we prepare for the busy holiday season.
Events & Classes
Having a Baby
Hospitals & Facilities
- Christiana Hospital
- Wilmington Hospital
- Christiana Surgicenter
- Concord Health Center
- HealthCare Center at Christiana
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Christiana Care Medical Aid Units
- Middletown CareCenter
- Middletown Free-standing Emergency Department
- Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
- Roxana Cannon Arsht Surgicenter
- Smyrna Health & Wellness Center
- Wilmington Annex