- Bone & Joint Recover fast from injury and achieve your optimal physical performance.
- Cancer Care Nationally recognized care in one of the nation's most advanced cancer centers.
- Heart & Vascular Experience makes us a national, regional and local leader for heart care.
- Women's Health Caring for every woman with compassion and sensitivity throughout their lifetime.
- Cardiovascular Critical Care earns second Gold Beacon AwardChristiana Care’s Cardiovascular Critical Care Complex (CVCCC) has again earned a gold-level Beacon Award from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. This is the second consecutive such honor for the unit, signaling sustained staff-driven excellence in improving patient clinical outcomes that exceed national benchmarks and achieving the highest levels of satisfaction among patients and their families, as well as the nurses who serve on the unit.
- Delaware Medical-Legal Partnership helps vulnerable patients overcome obstacles to healthAfter suffering a stroke and a heart attack, David Jester of Wilmington faced another crisis at the worst possible time. A gap in his insurance coverage threatened to burden him with significant financial hardship as he worked to bounce back from cardiac cauterization and triple-bypass surgery. But thanks to an innovative new program at Christiana Care, he got fast help when he needed it to solve his insurance challenge so that he could focus on his health.
- Gene Editing Institute develops new system for precise ‘surgery’ on the human genomeMolecular biologists at Christiana Care Health System's Gene Editing Institute have developed a new system that allows them to not only repair damaged DNA within human cells, but also to determine when the DNA repair machinery has introduced unwanted genetic changes alongside — or instead of — the desired repair. In the Jan. 3 issue of the scientific journal PLOS ONE, a team of researchers led by Eric Kmiec, Ph.D., director of the Gene Editing Institute at the Helen F. Graham Cancer & Research Institute at Christiana Care, published its findings using a modified version of the cutting-edge CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technique.
- Christiana Care and WPD partner in Pre-kindergarten Reading Encouragement ProgramHelping a child to achieve optimal health requires more than nutritious food and a safe environment. Reading aloud to children nurtures their developing brains, builds stronger vocabularies and helps them to do well in school. The key to unlocking that experience can sometimes be as simple as putting a good book into the hands of a parent or child. To provide books to parents and grandparents on Wilmington’s East Side, Christiana Care partnered with volunteers from the Pre-kindergarten Reading Encouragement Program (PREP) and Wilmington Police Department.
- Stroke survivor: ‘Under no circumstances do you give up’It was a trip Bill McNeal made often, driving home from work on I-95 on a Friday afternoon. “All of a sudden, boom, my left hand fell off the steering wheel,” he said. “I thought I was just exhausted.” He drove home using his right hand to steer. But when he didn’t feel better, his wife took him to Christiana Care’s Middletown Emergency Department. Suspecting a stroke, the staff immediately sent him via ambulance to Christiana Hospital, a comprehensive stroke center that provides the most advanced level of expertise in stroke care.
- Junior Board spreads holiday cheer with gift of poinsettiasFor more than 50 years, the Junior Board of Christiana Care Inc. has presented hospitalized patients with poinsettias during the winter holidays. Their efforts amount to thousands of hours of service, with hundreds of volunteers delivering over 30,000 plants. In December, a dozen Junior Board volunteers delivered 600 poinsettias to patients at Christiana Hospital and Wilmington Hospital, spreading holiday cheer […]
- Is hands-free really distraction-free driving?Have you ever had a deer suddenly dart right into the path of your car while you were driving? Or, worse yet, a small child? I have experienced both scenarios and thankfully avoided any life-changing tragedies. But what would have happened if I had been on my Bluetooth? I have one of the more up-to-date […]
Events & Classes
Having a Baby
Hospitals & Facilities
- Christiana Hospital
- Wilmington Hospital
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center
- Eugene du Pont Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
- Middletown CareCenter
- Middletown Free-standing Emergency Department
- Smyrna Health & Wellness Center
- HealthCare Center at Christiana
- Wilmington Annex
- Roxana Cannon Arsht Surgicenter
- Christiana Surgicenter