COVID-19 Caregiver Support
We are here. ChristianaCare caregivers are working in coordination with the State of Delaware and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to protect our community. Today, they need your help, as they too face the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on their families.
ChristianaCare Caregiver Relief Fund
This fund will help caregivers meet unexpected hardships, such as school and daycare closures, job changes for spouses/partners and caring for family members.
During global health emergencies like the COVID-19 pandemic, our caregivers are at the front lines in our region. They are called to care for our patients and community, guided always by Love and Excellence. As they face COVID-19 head on, putting our community’s health and safety above all else, caregivers need help.
We are committed to supporting them during this critical global emergency, and we need you.
ChristianaCare is a nonprofit organization and you will receive a tax receipt for your generous donation.
Your gift to the ChristianaCare Caregiver Relief Fund will help caregivers manage the pressing priorities of their own families while working around the clock to stem the spread of COVID-19 in our service area and heal those who have the virus.
Please give today — any amount makes a difference. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit organization and you will receive a tax receipt for your generous donation.
Help us help ChristianaCare’s COVID-19 first responders — make your gift today.
Donation of Personal Protective Equipment and Cleaning Supplies
ChristianaCare is accepting donations of the following unused items from the community:
- All types of unused protective face masks, especially N95 masks.
- Protective suits and medical scrubs.
- Goggles, safety glasses and face shields.
- Cleaning and sterilizing solutions and wipes.
- iPads. To donate iPads, please clear the security and data first. You can follow these instructions to clear security and data: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351
- Medical gloves.
- Digital and disposable thermometers.
- Hand sanitizers.
- Disposable stethoscopes.
You can drop off these items at the following locations:
- 110 West Market Street, Newport. This site will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, March 30 through Saturday, April 4.
- Westown Movies at 150 Commerce Drive, Middletown, DE. This site will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, March 30 to Wednesday, April 1.
- College Square Shopping Center at 115 College Square, Newark, DE. This site will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 1 through Saturday, April 4.
- Village at Elkton Shopping Center at 801 East Pulaski Highway, Elkton, MD. This site will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1 through Saturday, April 4.
If you are dropping off supplies at any ChristianaCare donation site, please include the details of your donation on this form and send it to the Office of Development, ChristianaCare, 13 Reads Way, Suite 203, New Castle DE 19720 or email Doreen.Dixon@ChristianaCare.org.
To keep volunteers and donors safe, people bringing donations to any ChristianaCare donation site should pack the items into the trunk of their car and pull into the donation line. Please leave windows up and do not get out of your car. A volunteer will unload the items.
All people at the site are advised to practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet apart. Anyone who is experiencing flu-like symptoms should not come to the donation sites.
If you have a large quantity of these items to donate, please fill out the form below. We will try to get back to you within a few business days.
As coronavirus COVID-19 impacts Delaware in unprecedented ways, our caregivers are appreciative of the community’s generosity and support as they work tirelessly to serve, protect and heal our neighbors.
If you would like to donate meals to our caregivers, ChristianaCare is currently accepting donations of restaurant catering and packaged, unopened food items. Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch with you within a few days to facilitate your donation.
All food deliveries will be coordinated in accordance with our visitation policies and current safety protocols, to ensure that we protect the safety of our caregivers, patients and members of the community.