When you arrive at the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute, you will be met by your nurse navigator—an oncology-certified or master’s prepared oncology nurse—who will be on hand to answer your questions throughout your entire treatment.
Your nurse navigator is part of your personal cancer care management team, a group of Christiana Care professionals who will be there when you need them. Your team will include nurses, doctors, social workers, cancer research nurses, a health psychologist, a genetic counselor, registered dietitians, financial assistants, a pastoral counselor, rehabilitation therapists, complementary medicine providers and community-service representatives. Your nurse navigator will work closely with the members of your team to help you get the care and support services you need, both in and out of the hospital.
Everything you need under one roof
At the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute, we have all of the services you and your family may need to handle the challenges you are facing, including:
- Genetic counseling.
- The Junior Board Cancer Resource Library, featuring the latest cancer information. The library also lends DVD movies, and has a selection of children’s books.
- Health psychologists.
- Care-management teams that include oncology nurses and social workers.
- Pain-management counseling.
- Pastoral counselors.
- Support groups.
- Nutrition classes.
- Rehabilitation services.
- Simply You Boutique, featuring wigs and prostheses.
- The tranquil DuPont Garden, a place to relax between appointments.
- Information and representatives from the American Cancer Society, Wellness Community Delaware, hospice, Cancer Care Connection and other community resources for you in Delaware.
- A continuous-loop shuttle transports patients to Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute from Christiana Hospital and the Medical Arts Pavilions.
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
4701 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713 directions