Cholesterol is present in everyone and is needed for normal bodily functions. However, abnormal levels of cholesterol, such as high LDL (“bad cholesterol”), low HDL (“good cholesterol”), and high triglycerides, are risk factors for heart disease and stroke. The Advanced Lipid Clinic at ChristianaCare can work with you to lower your risks if you have:
- Recurrent heart disease or stroke even after typical treatment.
- Difficulty tolerating statin medicines.
- Family history of early heart disease.
- Genetic lipid disorders, such as familial hypercholesterolemia.
- Other lipid disorders, such as very high triglycerides or high lipoprotein (a).
Our care team will work closely with you to make the treatment plan that is best for you and your needs. The clinic services include:
- Screening and testing
- Education and support for lifestyle changes (diet, exercise and quitting smoking).
- Specialized treatment with the newest medicines.
- Optional participation in studies.
Our Care Team
Stephen Meng, M.D., FNLA
Myrna Malak, MSN, FNP-C, AGACNP-BC
Pawel Pomianowski, M.D.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 302-623-1929.
Lipid Clinic at ChristianaCare
Medical Arts Pavilion 2 (MAP2), 4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Suite 2123, Newark, DE 19713 directions 302-623-1929