Comprehensive Pain Center
ChristianaCare’s Comprehensive Pain Center offers a wide range of non-opioid treatment options for patients with acute and chronic pain.
Our providers at the outpatient center are committed to offering therapies focused on alleviating pain while supporting ChristianaCare’s mission to reduce dependence on opioid medications. We understand that chronic pain is complex and often challenging to treat. As such, we use a multimodal, multidisciplinary pain treatment strategy focused on improving function.
Services at the Comprehensive Pain Center include:
- Consultations for opioid-tapering strategies to help patients reduce their dependence on high-dose opioid therapy.
- Integrative therapies, including osteopathic manipulation (stretching, gentle pressure and re-sistance), myofascial release (massage, gentle pressure), acupuncture and anti-inflammatory supplements.
- Referrals to outpatient group psychology sessions that offer mind/body strategies to reduce or eliminate pain; these include changing the perception of pain or learning breathing and relaxa-tion techniques.
- Referrals to our new chronic pain-focused physical therapy program, available at multiple ChristianaCare sites.
- Interventional therapies, including epidural steroid injections, joint injections, trigger-point injec-tions, radiofrequency ablations and more.
Minimally invasive outpatient procedures are performed in both the office setting under ultra-sound guidance and at the Christiana Surgicenter in MAP 2.
If you suffer from acute or chronic pain, ask your doctor for a referral to the Comprehensive Pain Center. We look forward to helping you feel better.