Pulmonary Function Lab
We want you to breathe easy. When you can’t, ChristianaCare’s Pulmonary Function Laboratory helps your doctor figure out why.
ChristianaCare is recognized by the American Association for Respiratory Care as a Quality Respiratory Care institution. Only about 15 percent of hospitals nationwide earn this award for relying on specially-trained therapists to deliver respiratory services and following other national standards recommended by the association.
Your doctor can order our lab to perform a variety of tests to evaluate your respiratory system. These tests are used to:
- Determine lung health.
- Diagnose and monitor the progression of lung conditions and diseases, including shortness of breath, asthma and lung cancer.
- Assess readiness for surgery.
- Monitor side effects of radiation therapy or drug therapy.
- Verify effectiveness of treatment for lung disease.
- Determine level of disability.
- Enter a pulmonary rehabilitation program.
|Pulmonary Function Laboratory|
|Christiana Hospital, Room 1571
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19718 directions
7:30 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday through Friday
|Wilmington Hospital, Room 1156
501 W. 14th St.
Wilmington, DE 19801 directions
7:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday