Christiana Care Pulmonary Associates
ChristianaCare Pulmonary Associates specializes in the care of critically ill patients. These physicians serve patients at Christiana and Wilmington Hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The doctors of ChristianaCare Pulmonary Associates work closely with you and your family, and offer a variety of resources to meet your medical needs during periods of critical illness. We are committed to patient and family centered care, and we include the patient and family in the decision-making process.
Overseeing all aspects of care
- All patients admitted to the Medical ICU (MICU) and Wilmington ICU (WICU) have their care managed by a board-certified critical care specialist.
- Daily multidisciplinary rounds with the medical team include your respiratory therapist, nurse, dietician, physical therapist, and other services as needed.
- Patients are evaluated daily for physical and occupational therapy needs.
- Electronic ICU program provides expert care 24 hours a day.
- Pulmonary Associates physicians coordinate your tests, procedures and consultations, and report your condition to your primary-care physician.
Our programs and specialty teams
- Roaming ICU Intensivist: A member of the intensivist team is dedicated to providing immediate critical care to patients located on other units within the hospital to assist with emergent situations out of the ICU.
- Sepsis Value Improvement Team: Our Sepsis VIT develops and implements innovative approaches to identity patients with sepsis throughout the hospital and to provide earlier recognition.
- The MICU/WICU Alert Team: Provides immediate, expert ICU level care in the ED for critically ill patients.
- Rapid Response Team: Provides immediate evaluation and transport for all patients within the hospital who need ICU level care
- Early Mobility: A dedicated multidisciplinary team will assess your physical therapy needs on a daily basis with a goal of maintaining full physical function.
- Sedation and Delirium:Our Sedation and Delirium Team is dedicated to providing preventive care to reduce sedation-induced delirium in the ICU.
Best practices in patient care
- The Medical ICU and Wilmington ICU have consistently achieved clinical outcomes that rank among the top 10 percent of all systems in the VISICU national database.
- Award-winning Christiana Sepsis Program has demonstrated clinical outcomes that exceed national averages by 50 percent.
- Wilmington ICU has nearly eliminated central line related infections over the last two years.
- Time on ventilators has been reduced by a full day in the Medical ICU as a result of rapid extubation protocols.
- Medical ICU Mobility Team has doubled the number of patients who receive physical therapy, resulting in shorter times in the ICU and the hospital.
- MICU/WICU Alert Teams have reduced patient average length of stay in the ED by two hours.
- 2012-2015 American Association of Critical Care Nurses Beacon Award – Silver.
- 2012 Kimberly-Clark Educational Grant – WICU.
- 2010 Nursing Excellence Award – Silver: March Madness in the MICU.
- 2009 Performance Improvement Award: Rapid Response Team.
- 2009 American Association of Critical Care Nurses Beacon Award.
- 2008 Performance Improvement President’s Gold Award, Vigilant Advocacy to Prevent Hospital Acquired Infections: VAP Eradication.
- 2007 Ernest Amory Codman Award, ChristianaCare Health System, “Improving Care of the Sepsis Patient.”
ChristianaCare Pulmonary Associates
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Rd., MAP 1, Suite 220, Newark, DE 19713 directions