At ChristianaCare Rehabilitation Services, our highly trained and skilled therapists and audiologists will help you regain your independence and quality of life. You’ll get more one-on-one time with an expert clinician who will work closely with your doctor to make sure you get the best care possible. Our goal is to get you back to the activities you love as quickly as possible.
Our audiologists can diagnose and help treat hearing disorders that result from:
- Age-related deterioration.
- Chronic ear infections.
- Head injury.
- Loud noise.
Specialized Care to Meet Your Needs
- Treatments may include hearing aids, hearing assistance technology, cochlear implants for adults or tinnitus retraining therapy. We also offer specialty hearing care, including:
- Auditory rehabilitation.
- Diagnostic audiology.
- Vestibular (inner-ear related balance) services.
Specialized Speech Therapy
Our highly skilled speech and language pathologists employ state-of-the-art equipment to assess and treat speech and voice for functional communication. Therapy may include recommendations for devices to assist you with communication, or teaching you techniques for speaking clearly. If you have swallowing difficulties, treatment may include exercises to strengthen your swallow muscles.
We offer a wide range of specialty services and treatment programs, including:
- Laryngectomy/head and neck cancer rehabilitation.
- Fiberoptic endoscopic swallowing evaluation.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation to treat swallowing disorders.
- Videofluoroscopic swallowing evaluation.
Gary Marencin, AuD, CCC-A, Audiology Program Manager
Dale R. Gregore, MS CCC SLP, Speech Program Manager