Requirements to Rotate
- Students interested in rotating at the ChristianaCare must complete a Student Application for each department in which he/she would like to rotate.
- Students must be in good academic standing and enrolled in a LCME or AOA accredited medical school to be considered eligible for junior or senior clerkship positions at ChristianaCare.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Department and the student will be notified by the Office of Academic Affairs upon approval.
- Students approved for any rotation must meet the eligibility requirements below to rotate at ChristianaCare.
A fully executed Student Training Agreement must be in place and a certificate of insurance received (coverage must be $1 million/$3 million personal liability) before a student can begin a rotation. ChristianaCare will initiate a Student Training Agreement request for students who are apply from a non-affiliated school.
The affiliated school will ensure clearance in the following areas for each rotating student:
- Criminal Background Check (in accordance with the procedures established by school).
- Immunization of Tetanus, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella if a negative history or an unknown history of chicken pox, Influenza within timeframe required by ChristianaCare and TST skin test.
- Drug Screening (in accordance with procedures established by school).
- Confirmation of flu vaccination during flu season (October thru March).