Why Choose the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute?
If you or a loved one is facing a cancer diagnosis, the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute offers strength on all fronts: life-saving treatment options, multidisciplinary team care, cutting-edge research and ongoing support during and after treatment. The Graham Cancer Center is one of the most advanced cancer centers in the country — with 248,000 annual patient visits and counting — making it a top choice for people in Delaware and surrounding states.
Working together, for you: a multidisciplinary team approach
With a cancer diagnosis, you need the right team. You’ll find it here.
The 240,000 square-foot Graham Cancer Center is a multidisciplinary cancer center, or MDC, which means an entire team of our highly skilled specialists work together to create and implement a treatment plan as unique as you. At each of our 12 multidisciplinary disease site centers, you’ll have a fully dedicated team at your side, from oncologists and surgeons to navigators and social workers, as well as a clinical research nurse at each MDC to explore avenues for potential cutting-edge treatments in the latest clinical trials. With a personalized and compassionate approach to your care, our team becomes your team.
Multidisciplinary care also means convenient, efficient care. You can see three disciplines of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, including subspecialists and support service teams, in a single visit.
Inside our doors, you’ll find the most advanced cancer technology in the region for detection, treatment and recovery. We offer:
- The region’s only dedicated breast MRI scanner, a useful screening tool for women who have a high risk of breast cancer or dense breast tissue, as well as Fast Breast MRI, which may be used in conjunction with traditional mammography.
- Low-dose CT scans, which help doctors detect lung cancer early.
- The latest surgical tools for removing cancer with pinpoint accuracy, including CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System and da Vinci Robotic Surgery System.
- Minimally invasive video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery.
- Breast reconstruction flap procedures, which use the body’s own tissue to create natural looking and feeling breasts following partial or full mastectomies.
Pushing boundaries with research
“Research Institute” is an important part of our name, because we have taken a leading role in the region — and the nation — in cancer research. Following is a list of some of the research programs we are involved in:
- Through our membership in the prestigious National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP), the Graham Cancer Center offers leading-edge NCORP clinical trials to the patients we are privileged to serve. The Graham Cancer Center also offers a robust pharmaceutical clinical trials program.
- At the Cawley Center for Translational Cancer Research (CTCR), medical researchers and doctors work side-by-side to bring scientific discoveries from the lab directly to the bedside of patients, with investigations of breast cancer, colon cancer, radiation oncology and tissue engineering. This approach to problem-solving lends urgency and a human touch to the cancer fight.
- The Graham Cancer Center conducts industry-leading genetic engineering cancer research at the Gene Editing Institute. Discoveries here could well change the course of cancer treatment in the future.
- Collaborations with world-renowned scientists at The Wistar Cancer Institute in Philadelphia are opening new avenues to more quickly translate cancer science into cancer medicine.
We offer hope and a promise to fight with you.
The Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
Exceptional Care, Exceptionally Close.
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
4701 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713 directions