Medical Social Workers
Our trusted medical social workers bridge the gap between you, your family and community resources to improve your recovery. Social workers work closely with patients and families to provide the social, economic and emotional solutions that will help lead to greater health and independence. From referrals to counseling to financial assistance, our medical social workers provide answers, including:
- Assessments of your social, economic and emotional needs relating to your overall medical plan.
- Education about and connection to appropriate resources and support in our community.
- Assistance with your transfer to a more appropriate home setting if needed (for example, to an apartment, retirement community, residential care facility or nursing home).
- Assistance with planning and decision-making assistance in various situations related to your illness, injury or overall medical plan.
- Patient and family counseling, including adjustment and management of your condition.
ChristianaCare HomeHealth partners with patients and their families to provide skilled, coordinated, compassionate in-home care. Our tradition of caring for people across their lifespan is supported by the state’s largest health care system – ChristianaCare. As Delaware’s home health care agency of choice, we are proud to serve our community by helping people get well, be healthy and live independently at home.
|New Castle County Office
4000 Nexus Drive
Wilmington, DE 19803 directions
|Kent and Sussex County Office
2116 S. Dupont Highway, Suite 2
Camden, DE 19934 directions
|We’re available 24 hours a day to schedule appointments or provide assistance.|