Hand, Wrist and Elbow Therapy
When your hands, wrists or elbows hurt or feel numb, it’s debilitating. The simplest activities — signing your name or shaking hands — can be downright painful or even impossible. Our experienced physical and occupational therapists specialize in stretching and strengthening exercises as well as many innovative therapies:
- Custom dynamic splint fabrication.
- Fluidotherapy (dry heat therapy).
- Kinesio Tex taping for nonrestrictive support and stability.
- Iontophoresis (treatment sending weak electrical current to deliver anti-inflammatory medications directly into the skin).
- Gentle massage to relieve swelling.
- Neuromuscular electrical nerve stimulation.
- Ultrasound to relax tissues, improve blood flow and break down scar tissue.
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, let our team customize a treatment plan to help relieve your pain once again allow you to greet friends with a firm handshake:
- Brachial plexus and nerve injuries.
- Burns, wound and scars.
- Carpal instability.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Central nervous system impairment, including spinal cord injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis and ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- Complex trauma, fractures, amputations and surgical reattachments.
- Tendon repair, graft or transfer.