Caring for Yourself
Life with a new baby is wonderful, but it can also be unpredictable and demanding – making it hard for you to look after your own needs and emotional wellness. We are here to help.
If you are having negative feelings as a new mother, either towards you or your baby, you may have a perinatal mood disorder, perinatal anxiety, or both. ChristianaCare offers support to women suffering with these and offers a comprehensive program available to you during pregnancy and after delivery. These disorders are very treatable, and you can recover.
Before you leave the hospital with your newborn, a behavioral-health specialist is available to meet with you to discuss how you are coping with motherhood. This specialist can assess your emotional and mental-health needs.Contact us
These services are available to expectant mothers who are experiencing similar feelings relating to their pregnancy or mothers who have long since left the hospital. Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders can occur up to a year after childbirth.
- Listening to you and reviewing what services may work best for you.
- Counseling for you and your family.
- Finding the right medicine for you.
- Working with your doctor to plan the best care for you and your family.
- Counseling for women who have psychiatric illnesses.