Center for Women & Children’s Health
Transforming women and children’s health for Christiana Care
Committment to Womens Health Care
In its commitment to meeting the health care needs of its neighbors, Christiana Care Health System is launching a $260 million enhancement project at Christiana Hospital to transform health care for women, children and infants throughout the state.
A new Women and Children’s building — developed in collaboration with patients and their families — will better integrate services for mothers and babies and continue to provide an exceptional birth experience for families in Delaware and the region. The project includes a new patient and visitor parking garage to serve the hospital campus.
In our new building, we will continue to serve our community with the most innovative, high-quality comprehensive specialty care for babies and children, and for women across their lifespan.
Highlights of the $260 million transformation include:
New eight-story, approximately 400,000 square-foot Women and Children’s building featuring:
- A new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to replace the current NICU, featuring private rooms with sleep-in space for families.
- New and expanded labor and delivery suites.
- Private rooms for mothers and families, after delivery.
- Expanded triage area.
- New labor lounge.
- Separate admitting and discharge areas for the convenience of our patients.
- Our Continuing Care Nursery for babies with needs including newborn jaundice, feeding challenges and those born exposed to opioid drugs during the pregnancy.