Committment to Womens Health Care
In its commitment to meeting the health care needs of its neighbors, ChristianaCare is launching a $260 million enhancement project at Christiana Hospital to transform health care for women, children and infants throughout the state.
A new Women and Children’s building — developed in collaboration with patients and their families — will better integrate services for mothers and babies and continue to provide an exceptional birth experience for families in Delaware and the region. The project includes a new patient and visitor parking garage to serve the hospital campus.
In our new building, we will continue to serve our community with the most innovative, high-quality comprehensive specialty care for babies and children, and for women across their lifespan.
Highlights of the $260 million transformation include:
New eight-story, approximately 400,000 square-foot Women and Children’s building featuring:
- A new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to replace the current NICU, featuring private rooms with sleep-in space for families.
- New and expanded labor and delivery suites.
- Private rooms for mothers and families, after delivery.
- Expanded triage area.
- New labor lounge.
- Separate admitting and discharge areas for the convenience of our patients.
- Our Continuing Care Nursery for babies with needs including newborn jaundice, feeding challenges and those born exposed to opioid drugs during the pregnancy.